Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blame NaNoWriMo

Hey, folks. Sorry for the radio silence. American Thanksgiving, birthday celebrations, a wedding, and the end of NaNoWriMo all conspired to make sure that any time spent at my computer since last Thursday has been time in which I have been prying my daily words out of my brain in an increasingly desperate attempt to make it to the finish line. But look! I finished!


Yes I use a spreadsheet to track my words. I'm a giant nerd.

So now that that's over with, I can now reclaim the mental bandwidth that was being consumed by NaNoWriMo. Hooray! I've been doing lots of research in the last little while and I promise I have lots of interesting stuff to rant about, including body customization, sexist webcomic ads, and Paizo.

In the mean time, I don't want to leave you empty handed. So here, gentle reader, is your daily dose of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

WTF the first:

Fair warning, unbelievably NSFW! Orgasm Girl - a flash game on New Grounds about a lesbian who goes around giving girls orgasms in their sleep. Apparently successful enough that it warranted a sequel, because there's also an Orgasm Girl 2.

I'm afraid that I've spent a little too much time dragging prose out of my brain to mock this in a sufficiently scathing and intelligent manner. I'll leave that task to you.

WTF the second:

How Fat Princess is blatantly better than feminism - a column on Destructoid by Jim Sterling.

This is seriously one of the most offensive and disgusting anti-feminist screeds that I have read since I started the research that wound up to me starting this blog. Among other things, he claims that feminism is bad for women as well as perpetuates the stereotype that feminists are humorless trolls who have no chance of finding a man. And then at the very end, he turns around and says surprise! This was all a joke! If you're offended, clearly it just proves that everything men say about humorless feminists is true! Clearly that makes them blameless, right?

Well, except for the comments where readers fall all over themselves to say OMG THIS IS SO TRUE. Consider yourself on notice Jim Sterling - I'm adding you to my Google Alerts.

WTF the third:

(NSFW!!) Video Game Girls DB - proof that in every stereotype there is at least a small grain of truth.

Perhaps the creepiest masturbation aid I've ever encountered, this site lets you sort by hair color, eye color, measurements, breast size, and bounciness - among many other factors. Seriously? Yuck. Just... yuck.